Pages

Monday, November 23, 2015

Super Secret November Challenge Blog Post # 19

Happy Tacky Holidays
It is that time of year again. The radio has been taken over by two stations playing non stop Christmas music until midnight, Christmas night, and has at least three more stations devoted to discussing how we are running out of all our Christmas, thanks to the heathens.
The mall is tempting legal fate with seizure inducing decorations.
Cups.
And I am receiving daily emails full to bursting with ugly Christmas crafts. DIY Xmas means mason jar snowglobes, decorative trees made out of old jeans and egg cartons, and puff ball garland. Lots and lots of puff ball garland.
What can I say? I love to craft it up during the holidays, specifically knitting. Each winter brings about one specific project that I work on for four months and either abandon, or present to it's recipient in all it's half assed glory.
If I have time though, I usually find a way to squeeze in a few paper snowflakes and library book trees. Whatever my inbox says is on trend.
This year, though... pickings are slim. They are slimmer than Ebenezer Scrooge's spirit. 
I mean...

No comments: